Massage therapy is manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to normalize these tissues and enhance a person’s well-being. There are several techniques and methods of massage therapy.
Massage therapy can reduce stress and anxiety, relax muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain and enhance blood flow throughout the body. This therapy affects the nervous system though stimulation and enhances tissue healing. Massage can also reduce anxiety, improve pulmonary function and reduce psycho-emotional distress.
- reduction of muscle tension and stiffness
- relief of muscle spasms
- improve flexibility and range of motion
- relieve stress and promote relaxation
- promotion of deeper and easier breathing
- improvement of the circulation of blood and movement of lymph
- relief of tension-related conditions, such as headaches and eyestrain
- Promotes faster healing of soft tissue injuries such as pulled muscles, sprained ligaments and provides reduction of pain and swelling related to injuries.
- reduces the formation of excessive scar tissue following soft tissue injuries
- enhancement in the health and nourishment of skin
- improvement in posture through changing tension patterns that affect posture
- reduction in stress and levels of anxiety
- increases awareness of the mind-body connection
- promotions mental awareness
Massage Therapies Offered by Monique Katrine Monino:
- 30 minutes – $40.00
- 60 minutes – $60.00
- 90 minutes – $80.00
- 120 minutes – $100.00
For more information or to make an appointment, call Monique at 815-648-4966