By Linda Epstein
Reiki is an Energetic Modality that can bring your animal companion to a place of wellness and contentment.
Our animal companions are a beautiful gift to us, a gift of unconditional love. We, in return, desire to support their well being for many years of healthy living, by providing a healthy diet, lots of snuggles, and belly rubs. But there will come a time when they need healing care, and Reiki along with Integrative Medicine will provide the healing for illness and injury.
By offering Reiki to our animal companions, we are opening our heart, having compassion and inviting the animals to share that sacred space with us. Reiki is based on the idea that all living beings have life energy flowing through them. When their vital life force is high, your pets are healthy, more relaxed, and less likely to get sick. When the life force is low, they’ll often be more easily affected by stress and less resistant to illness.
Animals, are naturally receptive to the Reiki energy and tend to gravitate towards it readily. Some pets may initially prefer to experience the energy from a slight distance, rather than having the practitioner’s hands directly on them.
Reiki sessions for pets typically last 15-30 minutes. The frequency of sessions depends entirely on the animal’s receptivity. Some health issues can be resolved in two or three sessions, chronic issues, or long term illnesses, may take ongoing sessions on a recurring basis..
Here are just a few benefits that animals can experience from Reiki sessions:
• Enhances overall well-being. Just like people, even healthy pets can have occasional physical, emotional and mental imbalances that, if left untreated, can manifest as illness. Periodic Reiki treatments can help maintain your pet’s natural state of well-being and balance.
• Strengthens the immune system for cancer therapies. Cancer therapies such as chemotherapy and radiation present stress to an already compromised immune system. Reiki strengthens the immune system to better deal with this additional stress. It helps alleviate or prevent the side effects of conventional cancer treatments and provides pain relief.
• Accelerates healing following surgery or illness. Reiki can alleviate and prevent side effects of conventional medications such as pain killers and antibiotics, anesthesia, and provides pain relief and relaxation to facilitate and enhance the body’s natural healing response.
• Increases trust and bonding between you and your pet. People and pets often mirror each others’ physical and emotional states. Because of the deep bond shared between a pet and his human, animals sometimes take on their person’s problems in an attempt to heal
them. For optimum healing, joint treatments for people and their pets can often be beneficial.
• Can help with behavior issues by promoting relaxation and stress reduction. Many behavior issues are caused by stress. Reiki can have a calming effect on the pet.
• Reiki is extremely beneficial for animals with a history of abuse. The gentle touch and the energy can help restore trust in animals who have learned to associate touch with being hurt.
• Reiki is a wonderful way to facilitate the transition for terminally ill animals and their owners. Often, animals will not allow themselves to transition because they intuitively feel that their person is not ready to let them go. Joint Reiki treatments for the pet and his or her person can help both through this difficult time by enhancing the bond and allowing a gentle transition.
Reiki can be given in person or long distance, through the principles of Quantum Physics. Reiki is non-invasive and a wonderful way to show your love to your animal.
For more information about Linda, click this Link